Vision and Philosophy
The Yukon Quest is committed to supporting long distance sled dog racing as a sport and organizing, producing and supporting a sled dog race of international character between Whitehorse, Yukon and Fairbanks, Alaska.
To be the race that all long distance mushers and fans must experience.
To provide an opportunity to participate in a 1,000 mile sled dog race between Alaska
and Yukon and share the Spirit of the North.
- We are athlete centered – dogs and musher first
- We will be fiscally responsible to stakeholders and partners
- To work as one team to value fairness, inclusion, excellence and fun
- To value the contribution of and support our members, sponsors and volunteers
- To be respectful of the environment and cultivate sustainable practices
- To respect tradition and history while embracing change and growth
- To operate in an open and transparent manner