The Yukon Winter is too cold for you? Discover the Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race this summer!
Meet mushers, volunteers, veterinarians and sled dogs and hear about the epic Yukon Quest International Sled Dog Race at MacBride Museum (1124 First Av, Whitehorse, YT).
Learn how you can get involved with the Yukon Quest as a volunteer, dog handler or simply enjoy this amazing event as a visitor. And get free tips on how to stay warm at -40˚C/F!
- Wed July 17, 1:30pm - It’s a Dog’s Life - A Volunteer’s Story of the Yukon Quest: Gaby Sgaga, a 15-year volunteer veteran for the toughest sled dog race in the world, tells of what it's like to help out in the remote town of Dawson City, the 1,000 mile race's midway point and longest stop-over. (by Gaby Sgaga - Volunteer & Dawson City checkpoint manager)
- Sat July 27, 1:30pm - A Lifetime to Run a Thousand Miles - The Loneliness of the Long Distance Musher (by Rob Cooke, YQ Dog musher)
- Sat August 03, 1:30pm - Les chiens, les athlètes de la Yukon Quest (in French) (by Marcelle Fressineau, YQ Dog musher)
- Thu August 08, 1:30pm - Stethoscopes and Mukluks: A Yukon Quest Trail Veterinarian's Perspective (by Dr. Jessica Heath, DVM, YQ Veterinarian)
- Sun August 11, 1:30pm - Long Distance Mushing (by Michelle Phillips, YQ Dog musher)
- Fri August 30, 1:30pm - Dog Days of Winter - The Yukon Quest (by Fabian Schmitz, Dog Musher & YQ Manager)
For more Information contact the Yukon Quest Office at (867) 668-4711.